Sunday, December 19, 2010

Momma's Heading Back to WORK!

That's right ... I finally landed a job!  And not just any job, basically my dream job.

First of all, in this economy it's a miracle I got a job period.  Eugene's unemployment is still pretty high and it's the Holidays so I know a lot of people are/have been looking for work.

I applied for this position the end of October never heard anything.  Then sometime in November they posted an administrative assistant/secretary position (similar to my last job) and so I decided to apply for that too.  And then I got a call back, for both positions!  I had the phone interview and then I had a face to face interview with the program director.

And then last week I got a call and got the job!  It is of course contingent on me passing the background check and drug test but those won't be hard for me to pass!

If they get back everything in time I'll start December 27th.  I'll be working as a CNA (certified nursing assistant) at an advanced wound care center.  Its at one of the local hospitals but it's owned by a different company and contracted with the hospital.  It's a pretty neat facility.  It's Monday-Friday, 8-5.  Benefits will kick in first of January.  I am so excited!  I can't wait to start!

So this week Zoe and I are cracking down!  Vacation is over!

I really have to focus this week on getting her on a new schedule/routine.  We've been sleeping in until 8:00 AM but once I go back to work she's gonna have to get up at 6:30 AM.  So, I need to get her nap and feeding times worked out this week so when she goes back to daycare she won't be a complete mess! 

I'm also taking advantage of my last week at home to get a lot of things done around the house.  Cleaning!  Cleaning!  And more cleaning! 

While a part of me is sad knowing I'll have to be away from Zoe for 10+ hours a day, I am very excited to be at work.  Not only because it'll ease things up financially but also because I LOVE being a CNA.  And at this new job I'll really learn a lot and it'll be a great experience for me since I want to get into nursing.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!  I'm already a bit nervous!  But mostly excited!

No comments: