Monday, April 8, 2013

the big announcement!

I wanted to shout this news on Thursday night when we found out, but hubby made me wait until today.  I don't know why...We each have told multiple people! HA!  (We're really bad at keeping our own secrets!)

Tony has been offered the job in Phoenix!  He'll still be working as a news photographer, just in a bigger market.  I'm so proud of him and his accomplishments over the years.  To see him start in tiny Wichita Falls, and just continue to work his way up, I'm so incredibly proud of him.  Now he has to buy shorts, and short sleeve shirts!  It's already in the 90's down there and we're still wearing winter coats and fleece up here!  Don't we have amazing timing?  Just in time for summer!

Zoe was complaining today about the wind, coldness, and rain.  I told her we would be moving somewhere totally opposite very soon and then she could complain about how hot it is. 

With this new job, I will be able to stay home with the kids.  Although I am thinking of getting a part time job just for a little extra money in my pocket, and so I can have some time outside the house.  But I am looking forward to being close to old friends, who have kids now too.  I imagine I'll find things to fill my days.

With this move comes a lot of transitions...Obviously.  Tony is leaving for Phoenix in a couple weeks..(Literally two weeks from today) and the kids and I will be in Indiana for a while so we can save up some money to really get a home we love and to save up for some new furniture that we desperately need.  It'll be hard to be away from each other (especially for Z-she's a total daddy's girl) but we know it'll be worth it in the long run.

We are so excited and blessed for this opportunity and while we're nervous about it, we're incredibly excited.  It'll be great to be back in a big city!  I will miss Oregon.  It's always been home and it will always be home.  Oregon  has been great to us over the last 4 years.  We're truly blessed.

No comments: