Monday, March 1, 2010

Baby Shower!

So I had like the BEST baby shower EVER.  Seriously.  It was great.

First of all it was hosted by some very special people..Kathleen and her daughter Heidi.  The shower was at Kathleen's house.  She MADE (like from scratch..Something I don't do.) the best coffee cake and quiche.  So yummy.  And there was fruit (which was so good) and she even got orange juice for me while most everyone else had coffee!  Tony wasn't there for the shower, but he came to pick me up and got in on all the yummy food too!

It was all ladies from Church..Kathleen told me she thought a dozen women would come.  I thought like 5-10 would come.  Um yeah, like 25 people came.  I couldn't believe it.  And then some people who couldn't come still got us gifts!  We got SPOILED.  I mean SPOILED.  A few of the ladies pitched in and bought us the high-chair that matches the stroller my mom-in-law bought.  And then my father-in-law and step-mom-in-law got us the pack 'n play thing so we now have the complete set.  See, spoiled!

She got lots of adorable clothes...Little dresses she can wear to Church..Oh and lots of blankets!  Zoe is one special girl..She got a couple things that were handmade.  One of the ladies made her a super cute quilt.  I think it may become her comfort blanket.  There's just something about it...Then a gentleman at Church had made a couple of rocking chairs..He gave one away to another couple in the Church who had a baby and he gave the other one to us.  And let me tell you, my jaw dropped when his wife carried it in.  It is gorgeous.  So gorgeous.  Pictures do not do it justice.  It is just amazing.  And he MADE IT!  Such a talent.  We've named her Molly!  She is definitely staying in our family for generations to come.  It's so special.  And we felt so privileged to receive it as a gift.

I didn't take very many pictures like I should have.  I got too carried away with talking to everyone, eating, and opening gifts! 

Here is Molly the AMAZING rocking horse..

Photobucket

See..I told you we got spoiled!

Photobucket

And here is the high-chair..

Photobucket

I haven't yet taken pictures of the pack 'n play...Our camera has been a little stubborn for me.  I will though..I'll need to take pictures of all the things my in-laws sent us as well.  So look for that coming soon..Next I'll post some updated pictures of Zoe's room..It's pretty much complete!  YAY!

No comments: