Saturday, April 3, 2010

How is Mommy Doing?!

I know this blog is supposed to be about Zoe, but I've had a few people ask me how I'm doing...This will be a short post, I promise!

The first week or so was rough.  I could NOT stop crying!!  I definitely had the baby blues! Majorly!  On top of the hormones going nuts and the crying, I wasn't sleeping well, so the tiredness wasn't helping the emotional craziness!  We could not get Zoe to sleep in her bassinet for the first 5 days or so.  So she was sleeping in our bed which meant I wasn't sleeping!  I was so afraid of rolling over her or crushing her, I could not sleep...So I was only sleeping for a few hours during the day when Tony was home from work.  Physically I was miserable...That also contributed to the crying.  Everything HURT.  I told you I had a second degree tear so it hurt to sit, to go to the bathroom, to stand up, to walk up the stairs, basically to move. 

I guess EVERYTHING combined contributed to the rough week!

But now, two weeks out, I'm feeling pretty good!  I'm almost back in my pre-pregnancy pants which is comforting.  I can get them on and buttoned and zipped, I just have this ugly roll thing that hangs over the top so I've got another 5 pounds or so before they'll be comfortable! HA!  I'm still healing from the tear but definitely doing much better then before!  The hormones have calmed down a bit so I'm not constantly crying. 

I go back to work May 1st and I'm already worried about it.  Because of our work schedules when I go to work I'm leaving her with Tony which helps me feel better.  But I still don't want to leave!  I'm only working part time, from 3-8 PM (for now at least).  So, yeah I'm already stressing and thinking about having to go back to work and I just don't want to leave my baby!!

All in all, I'm doing much better!  As time goes by the "trauma" of her delivery seems a little less, well, traumatic, so I'm already excited about having baby number 2 in a COUPLE of years!! For now, I'm enjoying EVERY minute of my perfect little girl!!  She's so darn cute!  I can't believe how much time I could spend just staring at her.  She doesn't do much, but what she does do is so stinkin' cute!!

No comments: