Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Secret to Share ....

So I guess I have a small confession to make.

And please note this is something I've wanted to take to my GRAVE.  Telling you is not a highlight in my life at all.

I have found myself to be a stay-at-home mom once again.

I had started my DREAM job and things were going well.  I was learning A LOT and really loving it.  I was stressed, don't get me wrong.  There was A LOT to learn but I felt confident I could handle it and hoped in about 6 months I would have things down pretty well.

Unfortunately, there was a clash between me and someone at work.  I honestly don't know what happened or what sparked their strong dislike for me, but they DID NOT like me at all.  Complained about every thing I did or didn't do.  It was a nightmare.

So it reached a point where it was decided I was not a good fit for the team.

And believe me, that has never happened.  I'd like to consider myself a fairly nice person and fairly easy going person.  There have been few people in my life I haven't gotten along with. 

It was a huge disappointment.  Not only because this was my dream job but because it was A job! 

But we know God always has a plan for us.

And it just so happened that the day after all this happened Tony got offered a little bit of a promotion and raise at work! 

He will still be primarily a photographer but he'll also do some reporting and editing.  He'll basically be the go-to guy for whatever the station needs!  And now he'll be on salary.

Which of course has its pros and cons.  No more overtime.  So I'll have to make sure Tony doesn't work 12 hours a day cause I know he would!

Also remember, we're moving the end of the month (in just a few weeks actually) to a smaller and cheaper rental so that alone will help make things a bit more comfortable financially.  (Although I almost died when I saw the deposit our electric/water utility company charges!) 

Anyway, I have to honestly say I'm enjoying staying at home with Zoe.  We've gotten a lot done around the house.  Cleaned out her closet and got a lot of stuff sold.  And we're in a great routine/schedule. 

I still would like to find a job-maybe something part time.  I like to have a little money for 'fun' and it would help give us just a little bit more of a cushion.  Once we move I am considering trying to find a couple kids to watch.  That would be nice because then I could make a little money and not have to pay for someone else to watch Zoe!

So that's our life right now.  Yay to Tony for saving the day and boo me for letting the team down!  :)  But it seems to be working out.  We'll just take it one day at a time!

And now for some cuteness for the day:

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: