Sunday, September 25, 2011

SICK!

Yes, the Gists or at least me-Courtney-has been sick the last couple of weeks.  Zoe got it first-I thought she was just teething or something but I got the brunt of it.  It started with a sore throat and just turned into the whole cold/flu package.  I somehow didn't miss a day of work although believe me I wanted to.  Of course the worst of it hit when I was off on the weekend but Tony was working long hours.  It's no fun being a parent and sick at the same time!  Tony fortunately just got the sore throat. 

We haven't been up to much..Mostly just trying to get better!

Zoe is growing of course and everyday she does the funniest things or learns a new word or phrase.  Her new things has been "cheese".  She got this cute little camera toy and so I would hold up the camera like I was taking her picture and I'd say "Say Cheese!" and she'd say it!  So we did that like a million times and now anytime I hold up that little toy camera she'll say "Cheeeeeese!" all on her own!  It's super cute.

She also says something that we've translated to "Happy Day".  We aren't really sure what she's trying to say but we think it sounds like "Happy Day" so that's what we say and then she'll repeat it.

She's also learned "shoes" and if you say "Let's put shoes on" she'll sit down and lift up her foot.  And she's been learning to put dirty clothes in the hamper.  It's so much fun teaching her new things. She's also a fast learner!

Well, I guess that's it for now!  It's late and I should be in bed!

Oh wait-I've got a couple pictures to share!

She fell asleep on Tony-He put her in my lap even though I was asleep.  Don't worry-she never fell.

So peaceful.

Working hard at using forks and spoons.  Needless to say after this particular dinner she got right into the bath.

I LOVE this dress that I found at my favorite resale store.  And I just happened to have leggings to match!

Eating a waffle.

Eating a waffle and watching "Handy Manny".

No comments: