Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Holy Cow!

Wes say it all the time, but Noah is one BIG boy!

He had his 2 month check-up on Monday.  He is 23 inches long (50th percentile, so average) but a whopping 15 pounds 4 ounces (above the 95th percentile)!  Remember, Zoe only weighs 25 pounds!  He will soon be able to crush her.  Haha.  I can't remember exactly what his head circumference was, but I know it was 75th percentile.  He's such a chubby boy, but he's so adorable!  We met a 4 month old Korean baby at the doctor's office yesterday, who was no joke, smaller than Noah!  So funny.

Anyway, he did really great at his appointment, until it was time for his shots.  I always hate when my kids get shots...Especially when they're that little.  And when they're that little they get so many!  He had to have an oral vaccination that took a while for him to get down.  Then he got 3 shots!  His face turned so red with that first shot...But once I was able to pick him up, he calmed right down.  By the time I got him dressed and out to the lobby to make our next appointment, he was almost asleep and once we were to the car, he was totally asleep.  And he pretty much slept most of the day...Not surprising.  Usually babies don't feel great after that many vaccinations but luckily he never ran a fever or got super fussy.  I didn't mind nursing him a little extra (he's a comfort nurser) or holding him that much more.  He's such a cuddle bug!  I love it.

Zoe and Noah were laying on the floor playing together and it was so funny to see them side by side.  If he could roll over, I think he'd crush her.


What else is new?

Well, I got a sewing machine thanks to craigslist.  I offered $15 less than what they asked because the ad had been up for about a month...I decided with the offer I made, if the machine died in a couple months or something I wouldn't have wasted that much money.  And they accepted my offer!  And the machine is in great condition.  It's pretty easy to use, so great for a beginner like me.  And honestly for right now, I don't need anything fancy.  As I get better and do more projects, I imagine I'll save up for something fancier.

"New" sewing machine, means I'll be opening an etsy shop soon!  I'm going to work on a few projects for Zoe to practice my sewing skills and then I'll start making the things I want to sell.  I'm currently working on what to call my shop (I have a couple ideas that I'll share with you later) and what things I want to sell.  I'm working on the details!  I don't expect this to make us rich, but I figure if it'll help clothe the kids or put a couple tanks of gas in our car, it'll help.  Every bit helps.  And it'll give me something to work on and do (besides cleaning, changing diapers, picking up toys!)..It'll be my job.  I've already carved out some time during nap time and after bedtime to really work on things and if I get lucky maybe I'll have more time somewhere else in my day.  I'm really excited!

I found a local fabric shop that I need to check out...I'd like to shop there as much as I can since it's a local, small business.  There's a local thrift store that also had some good fabric for cheap...I need to go there more often to see what they have...I think I miss out on some good stuff because I don't go enough.  They also usually have great patterns.  I really hope I come across vintage patterns sometime.  I think those would be awesome!

And who's watching the Olympics?  Anyone?  Of course the things Tony wants to watch, they don't air on the free NBC channel.  But I've been enjoying the gymnastics, swimming, and diving.  Synchronized diving is CRAZY.  Tony says he doesn't "get" diving...Whatever.  It's so cool to watch!

I thought it was funny when Bob Costas was interviewing the "Fab Five" women's gymnastic team after they won their gold medal and he was saying how none of them were old enough to remember the "Magnificent Seven" back in 1996 and he was asking them what first Olympics they did remember, that inspired them to become Olympians someday...All of them said 2004.  That made me feel old because I definitely remember the 1996 gymnastics team!  It made me chuckle.

Alright, now I'm just rambling.  Stay tuned for more Etsy details!  :) 



No comments: