Thursday, August 9, 2012

SO ...

... Momma got a new job.

I'm working for a company called Turtle Mountain.  You might have seen our brand in the grocery store, called SO Delicious Dairy Free.  All our products are (as the name implies) dairy free and actually ANIMAL FREE!  YAHOO!  Vegan!  My kind of company.  We make almond milk, coconut milk, and frozen treats out of the almond or coconut milk, as well as yogurts.  We make some soy products (ice cream) but the big sellers are the almond and coconut products.

I'm working in customer relations and I also handle some administrative tasks as well.  I'm just part-time right now and it's a temp to hire position.  It could go full-time at some point but no time frame on when that would be.

Today was my 3rd day and I LOVE it.  I am so happy to be there.  The company is great as are the people I work with.  It's still a fairly small company (even though we've been on the Dr. Oz show and Drew Brees is our spokesperson!) but it's based here in Eugene/Springfield.  

Noah is having a hard time adjusting to the bottle.  He hadn't really eaten much from it before I went back to work and doesn't really like it.  The first thing I do when I get home is nurse him!  Zoe is having a hard time adjusting to all the new changes.  Can't blame her.  We had a great routine, then we brought home a baby.  Got into a good routine with the new baby, now momma's gone half the day and our schedule has changed.  Plus, the week before I got the job we really worked on potty training.  SO many changes for the poor girl.  She's super clingy when I get home and she has random outbursts and tantrums.  And I KNOW it's just because of all the changes.  I'm hoping things will get better in the next few days.

For right now we don't need daycare.  I get off at 3 PM and Tony has rearranged his schedule so he can go in at 3:30.  This means however that I don't see Tony much and 3 days a week he has to take me to work, go home, come back and get me, and then we take him to work, go home, and at 12:00 midnight I have to round up sleeping babies and go get him from work.  It kinda sucks gas wise, time wise, and sleep wise (that cuts into my sleep time) but childcare wise and because we only have the one car, it's just how it has to be.  There are 2 Wednesdays a month I need a babysitter (which I at this moment do not have!!!) because Tony works days the first and last Wednesday of the month.  Luckily I have a couple weeks to figure it all out.  

I mentioned we were potty training Zoe and I'd say she's pretty much there.  She doesn't give a whole lot of warning (yet) when she has to go so we don't take too many ventures out into the real world.  We stay close to the potty!  But she will say "Potty!" when she has to go.  And she struggled with going #2 in the potty for a few days but has since started saying "Potty!" when she has to go #2.  So that is great!  

When we do have to go out, I have her wear underwear and a Pull-Up over her underwear.  I know, it sounds weird.  But when we started potty training months ago, the Pull-Up was basically a fancy diaper and she just kept peeing in it.  Our pediatrician recommended not using Pull-Ups at all for that reason...She actually needs to feel wet to know something happened that shouldn't.  So we just started putting her in big girl underwear, she had a few accidents, didn't like it, and bam.  Potty trained.  But when we're out I want to avoid serious accidents in the carseat or at the store, so I have her wear the underwear so she can still feel she's wet, but not have it leak everywhere.  This idea was suggested by a friend of mine.  Once Zoe can hold it a bit til we find a public bathroom then I'll stop doing this, but for now it works for us.  I'm so very proud of her!  (And yay for less diaper buying and changing!)  Oh and she wears a Pull-Up during nap and at bedtime because obviously sleep training takes a little longer...

Tony's doing okay...Noah is a bit difficult (mostly because of the bottle issue..He's hungry, fusses like crazy, but won't really eat from the bottle) so I know it stresses him out, but I hope things get easier! 

Maybe now that I'm working we can take a trip to the coast or something fun.  Money's been so tight we haven't been able to afford to do much.  But getting away at the coast for a day sounds like fun to us!






No comments: