Monday, November 8, 2010

The Sweet Life!

Wow!  What a weekend!

So now that we're on one income, we have really restricted our activities and spending.  But that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun!

Zoe and I have been cooped up in the house during the week so I didn't care what we did this weekend as long as we got out of the house!

We had a cheap lunch out, went to a thrift store and found a cookbook for Tony, and then went to a local pastry shop called "Sweet Life Patisserie".  All I can say is it is heaven.  They have a little bit of everything and it's all made from scratch.  They also have vegan items as well.

Well, we all know I have a sweet tooth so I kind of agonized about what to choose.  (Although we knew we were going to share cause everything was so rich and big!).  And then I saw it.

Pecan and Carmel Pumpkin Cheesecake Tartlet.

Yum.

And to go with it a nice hot mocha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And before we knew it, it was gone.

Photobucket

But in between eating the sweet stuff, I got to kiss some sweet cheeks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we got our sugar high, we decided to go home.

And then the sugar really hit as well as the coffee and this momma was suddenly very hyper.  (I normally don't drink coffee much less a 16 oz mocha so the coffee definitely had an affect on me!)

I suggested we hit the park.  Amazingly enough we haven't taken Zoe to the park.  She was too small and then it was summer and too hot and then it was yesterday.  :)

We put her in the swing and she loved it.  But about 15 minutes later she was over it.  Which is about average for keeping her entertained in something that involves her sitting down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: