Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Trip to Urgent Care...

In the midst of all the craziness I didn't take any pictures of the reason why we went to urgent care at 7 PM last night!

Tony got home from work just before 7 PM and was getting out of the van...Bubby was outside doing her business and when she saw Tony get out of the van she went running for him but caught him off guard and not wanting to step on her, he lost his balance and grabbed onto the van but had already started to shut the door closed so his thumb got jammed in the car door.

Not good.

I had never seen Tony react like that...We've been blessed-in the 8 years we've been married and like the 9 years we've been together, he has never really gotten injured.  Never gone to the doctor even...(Believe, I've tried getting him to go.  It's impossible.)  The initial wave of pain almost made him stick.  He turned quite white!  Poor guy!

So, at my request he let me take him to urgent care.  Didn't think it needed to be the ER but should be checked out.  It swelled quite a bit and since he uses his hands/fingers to operate his camera at work, I decided he should get it checked just to make sure and that way he didn't injure it more if there was something wrong with it.

The doctor examined his finger (and that almost made Tony sick too-I think it was just BEING in urgent care that made him queasy.  He's so going to love that I shared this with you!)  He did fine at the hospital when Zoe was born and did fine at all my doctor appointments and her doctor appointments which I tried to remind him.  But it didn't help.

The doctor ordered X-Rays so he had 3 taken (who knows how much that'll cost us!) and luckily nothing was broken!  Just the tissue is pretty severely bruised.  His finger was like yellow and a little black last night.  He has a slight cut but nothing too awful.  And it didn't damage his fingernail which would have been nasty.

So that was our exciting Wednesday night.  :)  An hour at urgent care.  But I feel better knowing it's not broken and should be fine in a few days.  I'm really really surprised Tony let me take him to urgent care...But I think he was really in a lot of pain and he really thought it was broken so I think that's why he didn't put up much of a fight.  Poor guy! 

No comments: