Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wait. How old is she?!

Zoe and I were out eating lunch today and this lady walks up to us and she says "Oh, your baby is so precious.  How old is she?"

Me:  "She'll be 17 months on the 18th."

Lady: "Really?!  I thought she was like 9-12 months old.  She's SOOO tiny!"

Me: "Yeah....  She's only in the 10th and 20th percentile for weight and height.  She's very petite!"

Lady: "Yes she is!  And adorable!  I was wondering how she was able to eat all those big girl foods but that makes sense now that I know how old she really is!"

Then we were at the mall and there was this little family with their baby boy who was younger then Zoe and they were buying him 24 month sized clothes! HA!  Zoe was snacking on some Cherrios and he got really upset when he saw her eating them because he wanted some too!  I felt a little bad!  Oops!

I also got Zoe a cute little outfit today ... It was a whopping $5 at Macy's (for the top AND pants).  It's so true!!  Maybe this is what she'll wear to Indiana.  :)


 Hope you all are having a great weekend!  Tomorrow we will FINALLY make it to Church and the 20.30 club at Church (for people in their, you guessed it, 20's and 30's!) will be having a picnic lunch at a local park afterward.  A friend of Church sent me this message on Facebook:

"Are you guys going to the lunch on Sunday?  I think it was last summer that I saw Zoe."

My reply was:  "Oh gee really?  She's changed a lot since last summer! .... "

HOWEVER, it hasn't been a year since we've been to Church, just to clarify.  :)


Also, as a side note that you probably don't care about, after I spent 2.5 hours on the USCIS website last night, I finally got ALL the paperwork I need to get my immigration papers.  There's also a request to waive the fee if you make under a certain amount annually and or if you're unemployed/having a financial hardship.  SO, I think out of one of those three things, I should qualify for some assistance!  Especially since it'll be $700 for me to get everything I need to get.  But, I really need these papers...Without them I can't get a new driver's license, passport, or prove my citizenship.  All of which are important.  :)  Carol (one of the missionaries in my adoption) found a copy of my original certificate of Naturalization (just a photocopy) so I at least have a number to give them.  Otherwise I wouldn't have ANY information so I'm very lucky and happy she found that and mailed it to me.  She also mailed me some pictures of me from when I was a newborn.  Like before Pam came and got me.  Just pictures they took while they were taking care of me. 

Well, love you all and hope you're doing well!

No comments: