Sunday, November 1, 2009

Just a few more days...

until our ultrasound!!  I'm so excited!!  I had to change my insurance and got onto Tony's, so I'm hoping it won't affect our next appointment.  Because this is the BIG appointment.  And I would be super crushed, if we had to delay our ultrasound.  So, I'm hoping and praying we won't have to do that!

A couple weeks ago I started feeling a bit of "fluttering" and of course, I didn't know what it was until my doctor explained it to me and now I'm like obsessed with trying to feel the baby move.  Part of it is just pure excitement of feeling the baby move around and kick.  The other part is me worrying about the baby so I keep thinking if it's moving and kicking then I'll know it's doing alright!  But it still doesn't feel quite like kicking...So I'm always thinking "Was that the baby or was that just my tummy being weird??".  I'm pretty anxious to get a big ol' kick so I know for sure! HA!  Although later I might be complaining how painful it is! 

I've been reading about taking a "babymoon" before the baby comes...And I'm really loving the idea!  I think a weekend in Portland would be fantastic but if I could really have my way, I'd say a few days in Seattle would be even better!  But, I won't push it.  Portland is enough of a vacation for me!  I want to save the big fun trips for when the baby is here and we can go together...Like say Disneyland?!  Tony and I are big kids...We got to go to Disneyland for our Honeymoon and have wanted to go back since.  So next time, we'll be able to really have fun with "Peanut" as Tony so affectionately refers to the baby.

I think a trip to Portland will be necessary anyways, because as great as Eugene is, it's lacking some big baby stores that Portland has to offer.  Plus there's an Ikea in Portland and I can think of a few things we'll need for our new place that we can definitely find at Ikea!  Some days I do miss Phoenix, having just about every store you can think of within a 30 minute drive!  (Well, I guess it could be longer depending on traffic!)  And while the internet does offer a lot of things at the tip of my fingers, when it comes to certain things (well, most things!) I'm hesitant to buy it without seeing it first. 

Tomorrow I go back to work after being sick for the last week..And I gotta say, I've enjoyed my time at home with Tony and our doggy Bubby.  Even if I was miserable with the flu!  I can't even imagine how hard it'll be to go back to work after my 8-12 weeks of maternity leave, plus I know it'll be awful leaving my little baby...This last week has been nice because it hasn't been so stressful or mentally demanding.  When I'm at work, I'm responsible for like 11 people's lives.  It can be a bit overwhelming at times!  And being gone a week, is like being gone years.  A lot can happen in 7 days.  And that is really an understatement.

I probably won't be posting much until Wednesday the BIG DAY!!  If we have to change our appointment I'll be sure to let you know.  But our ultrasound is at 2 PM (pacific time) and our regular check up appointment is at 3:10 PM so expect phone calls sometime after that! 

No comments: