Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Shopping has Begun! (Sort of!)

Yesterday, after we found out we are having a girl, of course I wanted to go look at girl things!  We first went to Target and I really didn't see anything that I LOVED.  I saw things that I liked, but not LOVED.  Today we went to Wal-Mart and I assumed I wouldn't find anything I like and ended up finding LOTS.  I even picked up a baby book!  I have been searching and searching for a baby book...I just couldn't find one I liked, until today! 

Here's the baby book..It says "Thank Heaven for Little Girls".  I loved the outside but more importantly I loved the inside!  The pages are really cute (I tried to take pictures of them but they didn't really come out).   I'm clearly not the photographer in the family!  Plus we need a new digital camera!  That is also on the list of things to get before baby arrives!

Photobucket

We saw some bedding that we BOTH LOVED (which is a miracle!) and Tony told me he likes the colors brown and pink.  We found some bedding that is brown and pink with polka dots.  Super cute!  So I found it online to show you.  I wouldn't do the whole room in polka dots, that would make my head spin, but I think a few things wouldn't be awful.  We also found a pink and brown stroller/car seat.

Here's the bedding we saw at Wal-Mart that we liked..(It has a 4 piece set which would be awesome and then we could get a few accessories.) 

Photobucket

Here's the stroller set we found that is also pink and brown...(But it's not polka dots).

Photobucket

I did see some other bedding I liked, that Tony also kind of likes, but doesn't love as much as the pink and brown set.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The reason I like the pink and brown is because I think it's a bit more modern and we can get a darker colored crib which Tony likes too...White has me nervous because I don't want it to look dirty! 

We still haven't made any big purchases, we probably won't until we're moved.  But I also don't want to commit to things just yet!  Luckily we're narrowing things down!  Let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

Michelle Gist said...

I really like the pink and brown set too.
The stroller set is great too.
Grandma Gist is ready to go shopping!!!!