Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wednesday's doctor's appointment!

Yesterday I had yet another doctor's appointment..(Now they'll be every week).

Nothing special happened..Just another check up.  He of course listened to the heartbeat which sounded kind of funny because she's laying right on or by some of my big blood vessels so it kinda sounded like 2 heartbeats but doctor assured me there's just one baby in there! 

At my last doctor's appointment I had gained an ABSURD amount of weight so I was kind of nervous about my weigh in yesterday...You have no idea how relieved I was when the nurse told me I only gained two tenths of a pound!  YAY! 

Originally my doctor had told me he wanted to do another ultrasound at 36 weeks to again check her growth.  But yesterday he said he was on the fence about it because she was in the 63rd percentile for size which he said is "pretty good".  So, he's going to measure my belly next time (on the 19th) and decide then what to do. 

The nurse was doing all my vitals yesterday and she goes "Wow.  Hasn't this pregnancy just gone by so fast for you!"  and I said "OH YEAH!"  It seriously seems like just yesterday we were at our 1st doctor's appointment, doing that 1st ultrasound, seeing this tiny little blob with a beating heart.  Amazing.  And now, in the 26 weeks since that ultrasound, she looks like a real baby-totally not a blob!

As excited as I am to meet this amazing little person, I think I am going to miss being pregnant.  It's taken me this long to get used to it and now she's gonna be born soon!  Honestly, I know I've probably done a lot of complaining, but it really hasn't been that horrible...Especially when I hear stories from other women.  Yes, the beginning was a little rough...I thought I'd never stop feeling sick!  But amazingly enough, I did stop feeling (and getting) sick! 

It's been amazing feeling her move and kick lately.  She's so incredibly active and you can kind of see her personality come out when she does move...Like certain things trigger her to start jumping around and that always makes me laugh. 

On the other hand, it will be nice to shop for regular clothes again!  Although buying maternity clothes was much easier.  I do plan on hitting the gym ASAP!  And I think not being pregnant will make doing my job a lot easier.  So, those things I am looking forward to.

Everyday I wake up thinking, when will she be here!  How will it start..When will it start.  And while childbirth absolutely scares me, I am pretty excited for the end result.  With only 5 weeks left, I think it's definitely countdown time!

No comments: