Monday, December 5, 2011

Fallen Marine

As you know, I spent my early childhood growing up in Salem before moving to Phoenix and then returned to Salem when I was in junior high.  My 8th grade year, I went to Waldo Middle School where I met my sweet friend Rachel.  She still lives in Salem and through the power of Facebook have been able to keep in touch.

Just 2 days after Thanksgiving, we received the shocking news that her brother Adam had died in Afghanistan while on foot patrol.  He was stationed out of Okinawa, JP and was to go back to Okinawa early next week (I believe) and had also bought a plane ticket to come home to Oregon on Dec. 22 for the holidays. 

Needless to say I am devastated and heartbroken for my dear friend.  I can't imagine the pain she is going through.  My brother served over a decade in the Marines and so when I saw Adam, I saw my brother.

Adam made his final return home to Salem just yesterday, Sunday December 4th. 

If you are the praying type, I would ask that you keep the Buyes family in your prayers during this holiday season. 

You can read more about Adam and the Buyes family here.

To see his welcome home, you can go here.


No comments: