Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another appointment done!

The weeks are FLYING by!  I had another appointment with my midwife on Friday.  I'll have another one in 2 weeks and then I'll start going EVERY week!!  That's how you know it's getting close!

I have to admit...I'm slightly regretting my decision to go with the midwives.  There are 6 midwives and you don't get to see just one.  You see all of them, because any one of them could be on call when you go into labor so they want you to get "familiar" with each one of.  Well, I'm 34 weeks pregnant and I just met a new one on Friday!  And her opinion was very different then the one I saw at my previous appointment about the possibility of a C-Section.  And she didn't really listen to me.  So ultimately, she referred me back to the OB/GYN that delivered Zoe, to discuss the C-Section because I told her, if I HAD to have one, I wanted him to be the doctor to do it.  I didn't want some random doctor doing the C-Section.  I'm uncomfortable having one in the first place, so I at least want someone I trust and know to do it.  I'm meeting with him on the 15th of May.  He won't necessarily be my doctor from this point forward...I'll find out more at my appointment.

I've gained 17 pounds.  I was hoping to only gain 20 but with 6 more weeks to go, I think I'll be more at 25 pounds.  Still not awful I suppose.

My blood pressure was a little high...At least compared to what it's been.  We'll be keeping an eye on that as well, considering my history.  And since this is the final stretch, having high blood pressure could very well happen.

We're almost completely ready for Noah's arrival...Of course we still need some basics.  He could still use some more clothes and I somehow, have NO PJ's for the poor baby!!  Those aren't hard to get.  We also need some blankets, but I did find an amazing deal on some bedding.  I've found this resale store that I like and they had a BRAND NEW set, for $29.99 plus I had $17 in store credit.  It was a smoking deal!  And I love it!!  (A lot more then the stuff we had put on the registry!).  I'll have to take a picture of it when we get the crib setup.  We also need a crib mattress. 

There are other things we need, but that can wait.  He won't be needing a lot the first few months so I'm not too worried about it.  Right now, I'm only worried about the essentials.

Well, I suppose that's it for now!  I've got some pictures of Zoe on my phone I need to get on the computer so I can post them on here.  We've had some nice weather for the last few days (the rain and cold temps are back for the rest of the week) so we had a picnic lunch and a couple days at the park.  FUN!  (Luckily Tony was off because my ability to chase Zoe around a park is pretty much non-existent).  Oh quick funny story...I did attempt to take Zoe to the a small park on Sunday...The playground portion of it (that is her size) is all sand.  Her little feet hit the sand (with her sandals still on) and she FLIPPED OUT!  She yelled "DIRTY MOMMA DIRTY!" at me.  I tried taking her sandals off but that just made it worse.  So, we were there all of 3 minutes and came home.


No comments: