Friday, April 13, 2012

sort of on bed rest

I'm not on bed rest technically, but I am being very careful.  About a week ago, I somehow tore a ligament/muscle in my left hip.  I was in so much pain I couldn't walk around my house, I was crawling on the floor, I was sweating, and I couldn't even breath.  My midwife assured me it was "normal" hip/joint/ligament pain.  Well, a few days later it was worse and instead of being on and off pain, it was constant.  So, I went to the ER with the decision being I actually TORE something.  Fun.

So, hubby took a couple days off so I could recuperate because I wasn't supposed to do any heavy lifting (like a two year old), standing for long periods of time, etc.  I'm being extremely careful so I don't irritate it again.  I picked up the living room today and vacuumed....I was in pain afterward.  Annoying. 

To make things better, we've been invaded by ants.  Stupid, stupid, ants.  As soon as you kill them from one area they invade another.  I can't stand it.  And we have a mold issue.  Which is why we're all constantly getting sick.  AHHHHHHH!!

Anyway, I haven't been on an actual computer in a while...If it were for my phone, I would have no idea what's going on! 

Oh and here are some pictures.

Zoe absolutely loved coloring Easter eggs.  You could not stop her from dropping eggs into the dye.  As soon as Tony took one out, she plopped another one in.  She had a blast.....Until we had to take them away.  Slight meltdown.




A couple weeks ago we had a super nice, sunny, warm, day.  Zoe spent most of it outside.  When it was getting dark and cold outside we had a hard time getting her back indoors.  Can't blame the girl...We haven't been able to spend too much time outside.  In fact, it's pretty much rained everyday since.


They finally have Instagram for Android!  WOO HOO!!  Here's my first Instagram picture. 


She likes to hide between pillows now which is funny...So when I saw her little feet poking out, I had to take a picture.  I love her little feet.  I painted her toes the other night and she goes "Oh pretty!" and then a few minutes later, she says to me (in the sweetest little voice) "Thank you Momma!".  Melt my heart.

Oh and you will be happy to hear, she is sleeping normally again!  But I had to take away her afternoon nap.  *sigh*.  She does fine without one...Some days she takes a little hour nap, but mostly she doesn't take one in the afternoon.  We have quiet time though, where she lays down with me, but she's definitely not sleeping for 2 hours like she was.  I'm sad to see her afternoon nap go, or be shortened, because it was my time to get things done or take a nap myself, but I would rather have no nap, then the screaming at bedtime, going to bed at 1 AM, and waking up at weird early morning hours.  It's a small price to pay.  And she seems to do fine without it, so for now, it's what we're doing.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant...We still need to get a few more clothes, diapers, bottles, and blankets, but we're almost ready for Noah's arrival.  I have a feeling he'll be early.  Can't wait to meet the little guy.  And hopefully Zoe adjusts relatively well.  Oh and the potty training thing, not going so well.  She's just not ready yet.  Which is fine...I'm not going to push her.  If she were 4, I probably would.  But she's barely 2, so I'm not worried. 

Hope you all are doing well!  Sorry I haven't been in touch much....(Unless you're friends with me on Facebook...).  I'm sure things are only going to get more crazy!  :)

No comments: