Saturday, July 21, 2012

we will follow

When Tony and I met, he was not a Christian and I was really not loving the whole church 'thing'.  I had grown up Catholic and I disagreed with a lot of what they believed.  Church was basically not a part of our lives...At all.  When we moved to Eugene we were invited to Church and out of respect we went.  The rest is history.

From the first time we went, it was abundantly clear God was speaking to us.  And if it was apparent to Tony (someone who had NEVER been to Church) then it had to be pretty darn obvious.

One of the people we met on our first Sunday there asked Tony what kind of work he was looking for.  Tony said he worked in news and really wanted to get back into that.  The man chuckled and with a grin he said "Well, I happen to work at a TV station..." Tony's jaw dropped.  I mean DROPPED.  He had sent resumes and demo reels multiple times to ALL the stations in Eugene and Portland.  The guy said "Give me a call, you come up to the station, and I'll introduce you to some people".  Literally within weeks there was an opening and Tony got a job there.  It wasn't doing exactly what he wanted, but it was something.  And eventually he did get the job doing what he really wanted to do.  He's been there ever since.

Tony tried doing it all on his own with no results...he let God take over and do a little work, and look what happened.

So recently Tony's been looking for a new job in a bigger city.  He applied for a couple of jobs in Portland and got a response and did a couple of interviews.  We're waiting to see what happens.  But one night while having a conversation with Tony about what to do (and I complained about how much I hated waiting) I said something like "You better get this job because I want to be in Portland!"  And Tony said "But you know, it's not up to us where we go.  If it's what God wants and where He wants us to be, then it'll happen.  If not, it's not meant to be." 

Way to bring me back to reality, Tony.

I immediately thought of this song by Chris Tomlin:  'I Will Follow You'.

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...


All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone


Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you


Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

In you there's life everlasting

In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow 

I started to bold all the key sentences and ultimately as you can see, I made all the words bold!  They are all so true and Tony and I have lifted up our hands and said "Where you want us, is where we'll go.  We don't know how we'll get there, but with YOU there IS a WAY."

I haven't talked about religion on this blog before...It is after all supposed to be about the kids.  But, it's sort of turned into a blog about OUR family.  And Zoe and Noah's parents are Christians with the utmost faith in God and the plan He has for OUR lives.  We raise our kids to trust in Him and to look to Him for all things.  Being a Christian is a huge part of who we are and how we raise our family.  I know not all of you agree and that's fine.  You can skip my religious posts, but I hope you'll read them whether or not you believe.  

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Amen, friend. Everything ALWAYS works out in God's plan. :) Way to be bold about it!!