Saturday, July 7, 2012

Oops...

Well, that's embarrassing.  Noah is 6 weeks old and I'm just now posting about his arrival!

So, Noah arrived on Friday May 25th at 4:33 PM.  He weighed in at 9 pounds 10 ounces, 20 inches long.  He was born via c-section (which you already knew).  And we are all SO glad he was born via c-section.  Doctor said he was still "floating" meaning no where near my pelvis and I would have labored a long time and ultimately had a c-section anyway, so it was better we just scheduled it.

My recovery was the best I could have asked for.  Seriously.  I think it was a little better then when I had Zoe.  Sounds crazy, I know.  But it's true.

Saturday morning I did seriously regret having the c-section.  I didn't get my pain meds on time and I could tell!  Standing for the first time was a little rough as well.  My BP sky rocketed actually.  But by Saturday evening I was feeling a lot better and walking more.  Sunday I was up in the rocking chair and moving around even better and I went home Monday afternoon.  I was off my pain meds within a week.  My incision has healed nicely.  And NO staples!  I had stitches that dissolved on their own.

I'm sure you'd like to see some pictures...

 

 
 

Here he is shortly after his arrival...I had just gotten into my room.

Daddy gave him his first bath.





This is the most recent picture that I took of him the other night.  He was waiting for his turn in the bath..









Sissy was telling him all about Sesame Street.


I didn't even realize we had most of these pictures...Tony had them hiding on his phone!  :)

At his 2 week check-up, he weighed 9 lbs 14 oz.  (He had lost some weight in the beginning, which is of course normal.  At his lowest he weighed 8 lbs 12 oz..).  I can't remember what he measured in the length though.  I do know he was like 90th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for length.  His next appointment isn't until the end of this month for his 2 month check-up.  It'll be his first round of shots.  :(

I'll do another post about Zoe's check-up next!

No comments: