Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm already at 19 weeks!

I guess I'll start at the beginning for those of you who aren't completely up to date.

I am already 19 weeks pregnant with our first baby.  Baby Gist is due to make it's grand appearance on March 17, 2010...That date is creeping up on us and I'm starting to freak out a bit!  Hehe.

My doctor is great!  I really like him.  He actually grew up in Phoenix, AZ where I grew up and where Tony and I lived for a while (before and after we were married).  On our first visit we already had something in common to talk about (besides the baby!).  Best part of all, I get to deliver at the nicest hospital I have EVER seen!  It's HUGE!  And I know a nurse who works in labor and delivery.  I'm pretty excited and confident about the hospital I'll be at. Because of the flu season and H1N1 spreading in our community, the hospital (which I'm sure it's just one of many throughout the country) has put some restrictions on visitors allowed in labor and delivery.  They are only allowing ONE support person and NO OTHER VISITORS!! 

The big news is that we'll have our "complete" ultrasound on November 4th at 2:00 PM to find out what we're having!  YAY!  I plan on doing a little bit of shopping afterwards!  My ultrasound is at the clinic at the hospital and then I have to drive back to my doctor's other office to see him, at 3:00 PM so, don't expect phone calls until after 3:00 PM!  Once we find out, I'll probably redo my blog to make it more gender appropriate!  :)  I did this Chinese Gender Predictor online and it predicts I'm having a girl.  I guess we'll have to see if it's right!


I can't say I've been loving every minute of this pregnancy...It certainly has been interesting.  In the very beginning, I wasn't having too many problems with morning sickness.  Just bouts of nausea at night.  Somewhere around the time it's supposed to get better, mine kicked in!  Around 17.5-18 weeks, it finally calmed down and I'm not feeling so sick.  I'm still pretty tired, but definitely feeling better.

My heightened sense of smell, has made my job very interesting.  You will often see me pulling out Bengay and sniffing it!  My emotions are definitely running high too.  I cry at everything.  We were watching Wheel of Fortune at work one night, and I totally started to cry when this guy won a trip!  One night I couldn't sleep and Tony woke up to me just sobbing..Poor guy didn't know what to do!  Crying is now my immediate response to just about anything!  Drives me crazy!

My appetite is getting better although more things sound just dreadful then good.  Meat right now is a BIG turnoff.  The idea of a hamburger just makes me cringe.  Of course the one thing I really want is carbs!  Pasta!  Potatoes!  Rice!  And that's something I have to watch!  I do have a big thing for apples.  Can't get enough apples! 

Anyway, for those of you who didn't get to see, here is a picture of our first ultrasound taken at 9 weeks..

Photobucket

And also here's the 3rd pregnancy test we took...Deciphering the pink lines drove us crazy so we went for the digital one!  Made it so much easier!

Photobucket

I haven't taken any pictures of me yet...Haven't really been showing but now I'm starting to.  I'll have to have Tony take some...When he does, I'll post them for ya.

1 comment:

Michelle Gist said...

My first grandbaby! This is so exciting!