Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer!!

Yes!  FINALLY!  Summer has arrived!

The last few days have been PERFECT Oregon weather ... The reason we moved up here to begin with!  Sunny, warm, not too hot, not too cold.  Just PERFECT!!!
I just finished my 3rd week at my new job.  This week was the first week I was on my own, although my co-workers and bosses are AMAZING so I've never felt like I couldn't go to them with questions.  But I can say with confidence that as each day passes, I've had to ask less and less questions.  Go me!  Today I felt really great and really comfortable at work.  Not as nervous.

One of the things I love about my job is that there's like no drama at work.  I haven't heard anyone talking bad about anyone else.  I haven't heard any drama stories.  Everyone seems to just do their job, ask for help when they need it, and just go about their business.  That is RARE.  We all have our own cubicles and assigned tasks and we're all so busy we pretty stay in our cubicles and just work.  But that's not to say you won't see some of us get up and pace the office a little when we're on the phone with a customer that is a little bit frustrating or time consuming!

Oh so have I explained my new job at all?

I work for HSI, the headquarters here in Eugene.  I have an awesome shift, 6:30 AM-3:30 PM.  Anyway, HSI is basically the parent company for the 7 brands we offer (I only deal with 2) and we produce/create/sell first aid, CPR/AED, first responder, etc training materials; student and instructor materials.  It's the largest privately owned company that sells these emergency responder training products.  We also have international offices in New Zealand, Japan, and Greece/Cypress.  Our biggest competitors are American Heart Association (who is actually who I have my certification with-oops!) and American Red Cross.  

I work in customer service.  I mostly take inbound calls, place orders, etc.  So far about 99% of the customers I've dealt with have been insanely nice.  At first, when I heard it was a customer service position taking inbound calls, I kind of cringed.  BUT, it's not like people call and complain about their bills or whatever.  They're either ordering products or have a question about products or how to add new instructors to their training center etc.  Very few of them call to complain.  So that's helpful.

And really, a job that pays me to talk?!  Isn't that perfect?!  :)  Yes, I think something in communications might be appropriate for me! Haha!

Anyway, 3 days a week (although the first 2 weeks I didn't really have to) I walk/take the bus home.  And it's kind of ridiculous.  I pay $1.50 for a very short, 2-3 minute bus ride.  But it does save me some time.  I do plan on buying a bike next paycheck.  It's just a bit too far to walk, but kind of short to just take the bus.  I walk about a mile to the bus from work.  Take the bus another 3 miles, and then walk another mile.  So, it's perfect for a bike ride!  I can probably bike home in the time it takes me to do my walk/bus ride/walk.  And I'm really excited about that!!  I LOVE riding bikes.  I was always riding my bike as a kid.  Also, a pretty decent form of exercise and that won't take away my time from Zoe.

Speaking of Zoe ... This blog is supposed to be about her, right?!  She is doing really well!  She LOVES "school".  (That's what we call it instead of daycare.)  Anyway, every day I go to pick her up, there's this one teacher, she's a little older, probably could be my mom or Zoe's grandma, and she always says to me "Your daughter is so sweet."  or "Your daughter is so cute." and today it was "Your daughter is just the best."  I'm pretty sure they like her over there.


Zoe is always laughing or playing when I get there.  I really think she's learning a lot and enjoying being around other kids and different adults-other then just mom and dad!

  So anyway, here are some new pictures.

"Mom, don't take my picture yet!"

Photobucket

"Okay, now I'm ready!"

Photobucket

"I'm pretty sure these keys have something to do with this door ... "

Photobucket

LUNCH!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next is 4th of July:

The weather was great and Tony and I were both off (by some miracle!) and so we went and had lunch at this local market and ate outside.  Then we went to the park which is always loads of fun and particularly busy on the 4th of July.  Lots of people having picnics!

Photobucket

The super small slide made Tony look a little big.  :)

Photobucket

Swings!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tony decided the 4th of July wouldn't be the same without hamburgers.  (I tried to talk him out of it but I caved.)

Photobucket

We had sparklers leftover from last year ... They were lame last year and lame this year.  Tony and I are convinced they aren't like the ones we had when were kids.  

This is a totally cliche "Tony Photo".

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll have videos uploaded here in a bit too. 

No comments: