Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mommy's been COOKING!

Oh yes.  It's a miracle.  I cooked dinner two times last week!

I've been inspired to cook more.  Tony's been working later in the evening (not getting home until 6:30 or 7PM or later!) and I just can't wait that long to feed Zoe dinner ... Oh and myself.  I take my lunch break at work at 11 AM since I'm there at 6:30 AM.  My afternoon snack wears off quickly!)

My favorite big sister sent me this AMAZING cookbook "Veganomicon" for my birthday.  And I LOVE it.  The first thing I made was broiled tofu.  The braising sauce was so good and so easy.  It had garlic, the juice of one lemon, water, and a little soy sauce.  The tofu came out great.  And the recipe didn't require me to press the tofu.  I just squeezed out some of the water and was good to go.  I had brown rice and veggies already so I just made a little stir fry type thing.  Tony really enjoyed it too.

I can't wait to make more things! 

Photobucket

No comments: