Friday, March 23, 2012

10 Weeks and Counting...

When people ask me when I'm due and I say June 1st, the immediate response is ALWAYS "Oh, you've got plenty of time!".  No people.  I don't.  They don't realize that this is the end of March.  I have 10 weeks left.  That's it.  10 short weeks.  And that's if he doesn't come early.  I'm FREAKING out.  We are not prepared.  I at this point don't even have a car seat to bring him home in. 

Most days I feel incredibly overwhelmed.  Tony's working a lot.  And when he's home he spends as much time as he can with Zoe.  (And trying to rest since he's so tired from working.)  So a majority of the household functions have fallen on my shoulders, which is fine, because I am currently the stay at home mom.  But man, some days, I just want to cry.  And I think, "How the heck am I going to do this with a newborn?"  I'm pretty sure all I do lately is laundry and dishes.  We don't have a dishwasher so after one meal it seems like there's already a pile taunting me.  This house is a disaster and it needs to get more organized to make room for Noah.  Honestly, we need a new place.  This place is TINY.  Tony and I sleep in the living room so Zoe can have the bedroom downstairs.  Noah will be out in the living room with us for a while.  We just need more space but moving is NOT an option at this point.  I have no idea where we're going to put his clothes...Zoe's are in the storage closet.  It's just kind of a nightmare and it makes me want to cry.

This is the time when it would be handy to have a mom or dad close by...(Or in my case a mom or dad period..), or a nanny, or maid, or something ridiculous like that.  Someone who could take Zoe off my hands for just a couple hours so I could actually accomplish something, not just half-accomplish something.  Or someone who could do all the cleaning and laundry so I could spend all my time with Zoe!  That would be even better.  Or it would be nice just to have a day to sleep.  Haha.  But I have more important things to do.

So, anyway, enough complaining.  I'm drowning.  I wish I were working because then no one would be home and maybe this place wouldn't be such a disaster.  Not to mention I just plain miss working.

I had an appointment with my midwife today.  I guess it wasn't bad.

I took ANOTHER 2 hour fasting, glucose blood test on Monday.  (On my previous lab test, I got a 91.  Anything over 94 gets an automatic diagnosis of gestational diabetes).  This time I got a 94.  UGH.  So, still no official diagnosis of gestational diabetes.  But, I have to be really careful of what I'm eating.  More protein, less carbs.  Which is hard for me.  REALLY hard. 

I've been having some pains lately (sciatic nerve problems that send insanely awful shooting pains down my legs...And more recently this awful tearing feeling in my abdomen) so my midwife advised that I just watch my activity level and try to not overdo things.  That's hard for me.  Really hard.  But both those things, the pain and sciatic nerve problems, are no big deal.  Just gotta be careful when I lift Zoe and groceries and things like that.

My blood pressure was good.  So that's a relief.

And I get another ultrasound in 2 weeks to check his growth. 

I'm up 10 pounds.  Not awful.  

TEN weeks people.  10.  I'm excited to meet my little man.  But would feel so much better if I had everything I needed for him. 

No comments: