Thursday, March 15, 2012

Silly Zoe!

It's hard to get really good pictures of Zoe.  Whenever she sees you hold up a camera who face instantly turns sour.  But this weekend, I got lucky and was able to snap a few cute pictures!

Nice crooked pigtails!

Playing on the floor with momma.

She found something she wasn't supposed to have...Straw from a basket.

It looks like she's eating the straw, but I assure you she wasn't...After this picture I took it away.  :)


Sunday night we had a bit of a trauma.  Zoe fell and she bit the inside of her lip really badly...Blood all over her shirt and hands and mouth.  She also banged up her chin pretty good too.  After a little cleaning up and assessment, I decided she didn't need to go to the ER.  It didn't bleed much for very long and it didn't knock out any teeth or anything.  It's healing up nicely now.  The scratch on her chin is almost gone and the inside of her lip is healing up.  Thanks to my Grandma T who taught me many years ago that cold water gets blood out of clothing, I was able to salvage her adorable shirt.  :)

We have been very fortunate in the way of illness and injury..(I better knock on some wood).  No major injuries or illnesses.  In fact she has yet to get a stomach bug (knock on wood), only just colds a couple times a year.  And we haven't had to take her to the ER or even urgent care for an injury.  We've been so lucky, we feel like Noah might be the "trouble child" in those areas!  Haha!

Zoe's birthday is coming up on Sunday..Can't believe my little baby will be 2!!!  We're working on potty training...Some days she does better then others.  We're still in diapers/training pants though.  She's really great about sitting on the potty, but usually she's just gone and told me a little too late or she just wants to sit on the potty.  Oh well...At least she's not scared of it and she knows what's it for.  I think we're doing pretty well considering she's not technically 2 yet.  My goal is to have her potty trained by the time Noah comes around but if that doesn't happen, it's okay.  I think I'll hit that goal pretty close though. 

Well, I guess that's it for now.  We'll post some birthday pictures next week.  I'm going to attempt to make her a birthday cake this year..It won't be super fancy but hopefully really tasty!

No comments: