Thursday, March 8, 2012

ARGH!

Alright...Today I had another appointment with my midwife and if you can't tell by my blog title, it didn't go particularly well.

The good news is I am 28 weeks (as of Friday..So tomorrow..) and only up 7 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  But I gained that 7 pounds in 4 weeks.  (Oh and weighing with shoes on makes a difference...A pound in my case.)

Wanna guess what the bad news is?!

BLOOD SUGAR!

Yup.  So, when I "passed" my 2 hour blood glucose test a few weeks ago, I barely passed.  Anything under 94 is considered normal.  I was at a 91.  So, pretty borderline.  Today, I was spilling sugar into my urine (sorry TMI) like I have at every appointment, but my actual blood sugar was 155!  The highest it's been. 

After all this blood sugar drama over the last few months, I've been trying to change the way I eat just to be on the safe side...Clearly I'm not doing enough. 

So, my midwife was going to contact my old OB/GYN, the one that I had with Zoe, to get some advice on what to do next.  She's going to push for a week of testing my blood sugar at home to see how it does...The other option is to do a 3 hour blood glucose test. 

I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am! 

Then the other set of bad news was that my blood pressure was a little high.  Higher then it has been normally but when she looked at my previous BP readings from when I had Zoe, it's about the same as what it was at this very same time when I was pregnant with her.  So, nothing to worry about...Yet.  But of course it's in the back of my mind, because I really don't want to be induced again.

My belly is measuring a little bigger then normal.  Midwife wasn't too concerned about that.  Gestational diabetes can lead to bigger babies...That is something I don't need!

Because I'm 28 weeks, I'll now be seeing my midwife every 2 weeks.  When I hit 36 weeks, I'll go every week. I also have another ultrasound coming up in 4 weeks. 

Things are going by waaaaaay too quickly.  I need to figure out where to store Noah's clothes...We're out of closet space and I honestly have no idea where we'd put another dresser...Yes, I'm stressing!

We have room for him to sleep luckily.  Haha. 

That's it for now..I'll keep you posted on this whole blood sugar thing.  AHHHH!!  :)

No comments: