Friday, May 11, 2012

more Noah updates

It's been such a busy week.  All of it revolving around Noah!

I had my ultrasound on Tuesday.  Big baby.

Then I saw my midwife on Wednesday.  They had lab results from one of my glucose tests that wasn't mine.  So they thought I had gestational diabetes again.  So, I had to go back to my midwife Thursday morning to do a fasting blood test.  And again, I DO NOT have gestational diabetes. 

While I was there, we discussed the results of my ultrasound.  And the midwife thinks I will have a 9.5-10 pound baby, if I go another 2-3 weeks.  She said he just measures big.  My belly is now 4 cm ahead of where it should be.  I'm HUGE.  And I FEEL huge.  I'm not a tall person.  I have a small frame.  I'm ALL BELLY.  And I'm miserable.  :)

The soonest they'll induce labor is 39 weeks, just to make sure his lungs are mature.  I have no idea how soon they'll schedule a c-section IF they'll schedule one...I'll find that out on Tuesday when I see the OB/GYN.  If I go into labor naturally or am induced, they won't let me labor for 20+ hours.  If I labor for a while and things aren't progressing, they'll do a c-section.  If I push for 30 minutes and nothing is happening they'll offer a c-section. 

One minute I think I've made up my mind, then I change my mind.  I don't think a decision will be made until I see the OB/GYN.  I trust his judgement.  He knows what I went through with Zoe.  So we'll see what he thinks.  But the idea of ME, birthing a 9-10 pound baby SCARES me to death.  Seriously.  It's a bit intimidating. 

Good thing I didn't buy too many newborn sized clothes.  What a chunk he will be!

Oh and funny story...My midwife asked me if Noah had the same daddy as Zoe...She was trying to figure out where Noah gets this bigness from.  She told me that if I were full term, she'd think I were having a big baby.  And since I'm 37 weeks, she thinks I'm having a REALLY big baby!  :) 

No comments: