Wednesday, May 16, 2012

a plan has been made!

After what feels like weeks of uncertainty, we finally have a plan.  It's not my ideal plan, but it's apparently the safest and best option for both Noah and myself.

I totally and completely trust the OB/GYN that delivered Zoe (I've said many times, I just wish I had seen him from the beginning) and so he was the one we had a consultation this week with.  We talked about the size of Noah and he was a little surprised he is so big!  He said it's rare to have such a big 2nd baby, but not unheard of. 

He told us that if the last ultrasound I had was off by 2 pounds (which he HIGHLY doubted), Noah would still be about 9 pounds at birth.  Considering my height and how much I struggled with Zoe, he really didn't think I could deliver a 9-10 pound baby.  He said even if I managed to push out the head, there was a chance the shoulders would get stuck and that would be very dangerous.  He also said I could end up pushing for 3 hours (like I did with Zoe) and or end up with a really bad tear. 

When I asked what he recommended, he with NO hesitation, said "Scheduled C-Section".  I was so afraid of that!  But, I agreed.  Especially after listening to everything he said.  Especially when he said, Noah could be as much as 10.5 pounds. 

I'm not looking forward to a c-section...Not that I was looking forward to delivering a 9-10 pound baby naturally either. 

I'm very nervous! 

We are planning to schedule it for the 25th...Just waiting to hear back from doctor's office who needed to get with the hospital to make a definite time.  Doctor doesn't want to do it before 39 weeks just to make sure Noah's lungs are developed.  I could of course go into labor before that, but we'll still do a c-section.  I know the 25th is only 9 days away....But I'm so huge!  It's so uncomfortable.  And the doctor said he wasn't going to make me wait any longer than I had to.  He goes "You must be pretty miserable..." and Tony just busted out laughing.  Total understatement! 

I am excited to meet Noah.  So I just keep thinking about holding him and imagining what he looks like! 

I'll keep you posted!!  (Tomorrow I have an appointment with my midwife...)

No comments: