Friday, September 14, 2012

breaking news!

I got a new job!

Yes, another one.  (Remember, my current one is just a temp job!)

My new job will be with Lane County at the District Attorney's office.  I'll be an office assistant. 

It was a somewhat hard decision for me because I do love where I am now.  But ultimately decided this was best for me and our family.

When I was giving my current job my 2 weeks notice, they did try to offer me things to get me to stay.  But my new job will be closer to home, more hours, more pay, benefits, and let's not forget, awesome experience!

Oh and honestly, here's what I'm most excited about.

They have a lactation room!  (They call it a birth room though, which is weird to me..)

Meaning a comfortable room where I can pump during my breaks.  Oh, I cannot tell you what a relief that is.  Seriously.  It's a room just for pumping.  So now I don't have to worry about that.  (And believe me, I was worried!)  But Oregon is so proactive about breastfeeding and they have incredible laws about workplace pumping etc, so I was pretty sure that with it being a government building, they would have something like this setup.

(Yes, my life revolves around nursing!)

I'm also currently obsessed with the idea of doing cloth diapers.  I have quite a few friends who actually cloth diaper.  Some full-time (meaning they use nothing but cloth diapers) and some part-time (meaning they use them sometimes but also disposable diapers sometimes).  I'd like to do them full-time but I think realistically (at least to start) we'd do them part-time.  I'm still exploring and researching.  And who knows if I'll actually do it, but I really like the idea.  Yes, the idea of more laundry is a bit scary.  But I hear it's not that bad.  We shall see.

I have had some people ask me about Christmas...Christmas present ideas for the kids and I'm currently making a list.  :)  There have been a few ideas to cross my mind.  The key for me, is to write them down right when I think of them, so I don't forget.  Usually I forget.

Alright friends and family, it's "late".  And it's taken me all day to write this!  

I shall be back soon with more updates and pictures!

Have a fantastic Saturday (or weekend, if I'm not back before it's over!)

Love to you all.

No comments: