Thursday, December 3, 2009

25 Weeks!!

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

It's been a rough 25 weeks!  All in all, I shouldn't complain.  My immune system has been incredibly weak!  I've caught so many bugs!

Thanksgiving I left work early because I almost passed out.  I got incredibly lightheaded and dizzy...Luckily I work with nurses and so they made sure I was taken care of.  My blood pressure was fine, so I don't think it was hypertension.  I think I just got overheated.  You know I work with elderly dementia residents so they all get really cold really easily.  Our house is HOT.  I run around at work (uh literally) so I think I just got overheated.  I was off over the weekend and getting ready to go back to work...Then Monday morning at 5:30 AM I woke up with a horrible stomach ache and nausea.  By that afternoon I was vomiting.  Yeah, stomach flu.  So not fun.  In the 6.5 years we've been married, Tony has never had to witness me vomit.  That changed on Monday.  Well, he didn't witness it so much as he heard it.  Okay, I forget that I'm the only one who works in health care and who isn't easily grossed out by such conversation, so I'll stop now.  I come home and tell Tony stories and he often stops me and tells me I'm gross.  That's part of why I love my co-workers...We can have the most disgusting conversations at work about bodily functions and they don't get grossed out!!  :-)

I'm showing..But still hiding it.  I actually haven't been to Church in a few weeks because it's becoming increasingly hard to hide and we still haven't told everyone.  We're waiting until we can also announce that we've found a new place to live so we don't look so lame.  :)  It's our goal to find a place to live in the next two days.  LOL.  Well, at least apply and try to get approved this week for a place.  It would be exciting if we could move next week!  But we won't hold our breaths!

But we do plan on moving by Christmas.  I have lots of Christmas baking I want to do.  Plus we have Christmas traditions to uphold.  Like Christmas Eve Nachos.  Although this year, they will have to be on Christmas Day because I work on Christmas Eve.  We're just excited to spend the holiday relaxing, in our own place, watching movies, and EATING!  :-)

We do have another doctor's appointment on Friday..I'll be sure to post about it so you know what's going on.  Hopefully I haven't gained anymore weight or my doctor might be disappointed..I had gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks at my last appointment, which put me up to 6 and I'm only supposed to gain 10.  I still have 15 weeks to go, so I need to pace myself! 

No comments: