Thursday, December 31, 2009

Skype! Webcams! Cameras! Oh My!

Technology...Sometimes it's a pain, but sometimes it's very beneficial!

Most of our family lives far away.  None of us are millionaires so we can't always travel and see each other when we want.  I've been trying to think of ways for us to keep in touch so everyone can see Zoe...And of course Skype came to mind!  Video messaging could be really neat..I think we'd have to get a better internet connection and of course a webcam, but eventually I'm sure we could do that. 

Tony being the photographer that he is, will probably take a million pictures of her and we're currently saving up for a new digital camera (ours is really old-does a whopping 4 mega pixels and currently the battery only lasts long enough to take 5 pictures!) and a video camera to make lots of home videos!  Not that home video cameras were as common when I was a kid as they are now, but I often wish I had more videos from when I was growing up.  I don't want Zoe to miss out on seeing lots of family moments that maybe she won't remember when she's older. 

Anyway, these are my ideas for keeping in better touch...If you have any thoughts please let me know!!

No comments: