Saturday, June 25, 2011

CATCH UP!

WOW!  SO much has happened in the last 5 days!  Let's recap shall we?

First and foremost, I need to ask for prayers.

Many of you, if not all of you know I'm adopted.  Before I was adopted, I was taken care of and loved by Ted and Carol Wilkinson and their daughter Debbie.  They are actually the ones who found me my adopted family.  Ted has recently suffered a stroke.

Here is the note from Carol that she posted on Facebook.

Dear Praying Friends, 
This is a letter that no one ever wants to write, but Ted is in the hospital as of this evening with a stroke. The doctors looked at the x-rays and say that there is no hope. However, the doctors haven't asked the Lord what He is going to do. We are asking you to pray with us that God will perform a miracle, but if He doesn't we will still trust Him. Our trip to American next month is going to be cancelled and we are waiting for God's next step for us. Right now Ted is in the ICU (emergency) room with constant surveillance. Thank you in advance for your prayers for Ted. Gratefully yours, Carol

Ted, Carol, and Debbie mean more to me then words can say.  They have done so much for the people in Kurume-building a Bible Church and bringing God into their lives.  

So, now onto the new job and Zoe's new day care!

Well, I was very nervous about going back to work.  Being at home for basically the last 8 months has been great.  Some days were hard, but we had gotten into a fairly good routine and I was really adjusting to being a stay at home mom.  Financially, we just needed a little extra push, and quite honestly, I needed to get out of the house a little and have something of my own, accomplishing things and socializing with other people.

I must say, I love my new job.  It's a great schedule-Mon-Fri, 6:30 AM-3:30 PM.  It is quite early in the morning but there's nothing better then getting off at 3:30 PM!  It's a small sized company and EVERYONE is so friendly.  The company sells training materials to various companies/schools/fire departments, etc for CPR, AED, First Aid, etc.  There's a lot to know-mostly product knowledge.  I place orders for people, help them figure out what they need to do for updates and their instructors, etc.  I am on the phone a lot but we all know I love to talk so really it's no problem!
But I think Zoe is the one that loves me being at work the most! HA!

Tony drops Zoe off at daycare since I have to be at work so early and then I pick her up.  She didn't freak out when he dropped her off.  The teachers said she just kind of observed for a while (which she does when we got to someone's house-she just kind of stands in one spot and watches everyone and everything) but she warmed up rather quickly.  I went to pick her up and when I walked in I was expecting her to run up to me and hug me.  Nope.  I walked in, she goes "HI!" and resumed playing.  I literally had to coax her to leave.  Tony dropped her off the next day and said she smiled when they got to the daycare.  The teachers commented on how sweet she is.  :)  She's been eating great there (they provide snacks and lunch).  And she's started napping on a mat, like a big girl!  They don't have her napping in a crib/play-pen!  I'm not sure what their trick is, but she just lays there and goes to sleep for them!  (She does not do that for us!)

There is one girl in particular who is a month older then she is but she is very shy and not totally adjusted to Zoe being there.  But her teacher says Zoe is very sweet to her and tries to share food and tries to play with her but the other little girl just isn't so sure yet.  But I have a feeling eventually they'll become very good friends!

Zoe is only at day care 3 days a week.  They are 3 full days, but still only 3 days.  Tony is home with her on Mondays and Tuesdays and I'm obviously home with her on Saturdays and Sundays.  


It is a temporary job, but they expect it to be long-term temporary if not permanent later on.  But I'm open to whatever.  The temp agency I work for is GREAT.  They are really nice and really on top of things and market you like crazy.  They found me this job within  a week of me meeting with them.  So I'm very confident that if this current job did end, they would place me in another position rather quickly.


Well, I think that's about it.  I better go .. We've had a lazy morning and I'd like to go do something fun since the weather is nice!  Maybe go to the park?!  We'll see.


Love and hugs,
Courtney
 

No comments: