Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fun Saturday!

The weather has finally decided to cooperate!  It feels a bit like summer!

With this gorgeous weather comes AWFUL (in fact the worse in the country) allergies.  Our pollen and other allergens are at nation highs.  If you don't have allergies, you will if you come here!  It's pretty awful!

The sun was out and the temps were perfect (71 degrees) so I couldn't imagine staying home today.  We did have a lazy morning but we got up and spent most of the afternoon outdoors.

First we went to the park (Alton Baker Park).  We parked at one end and walked to a different area.  Very pretty walk.

Zoe had lots of fun watching all the people riding their bikes and walking their dogs.  In fact every time she saw a dog she yelled "DOGGY!"  She played in the grass a little, but she had a hard time navigating the uneven, grassy, terrain.  (Which was okay because there were a lot of doggy poo and it was like waiting for a bomb to go off-her landing in something disgusting!).  So we moved along to less dangerous territory.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Zoe had a great time until mean mommy wouldn't let her go swimming with the ducks!  She tried so hard to get into that water!  She was not afraid of the birds or the ducks.  She wanted to PLAY!!

After the park, we went downtown (the park is REALLY close to downtown).  Downtown is fun, especially on Saturdays because from April-October Saturday Market is going on.  Saturday Market is always fun and I always find interesting and great things I want!  Plus, there's nothing better then fresh fruits and veggies!  I also discovered this great little store that I think my Auntie Dee would just LOVE.  They have all these girly, antiquey, little treasures.  They really have an assortment of things.  Little nick-knacks, stationary, jewelry, clothes, PJ's, home decor, bedding ... baby things!  Just lots of fun stuff!  I'll definitely be back!

Then after we bummed around a bit, we went to the library!  (Also downtown!)  I love our library (the main branch).  It's always really clean and it's big!  I found a DVD for Zoe and a book involving counting and doggies.  Then I picked up "Wide Sargasso Sea" by Jean Rhys (a friend of mine is doing a long distance book club with this book) and for a little light reading-"The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks!  Hehe!  I'm a sucker for his books.  I can read them in like a couple days ... I'm a sucker for his romance novels!  I've read almost every single one of his books and seen all the movie versions of his books.  :)

Anyway after that, we were tired and decided to come home. 

Zoe's had a runny nose all day (I'm pretty sure it's just allergies .. Or at least I hope!) and I've had a headache and burning, itchy, eyes.  It might rain on Tuesday which will help.

Tomorrow will be laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping day before the new work week begins!

Hope you have a great weekend too!

No comments: